Here you can find some best practices to maximize your learning experience.
What you will find in this guide:
- Making time for your learning
- Making the most of your learning sessions
- Collaborate with others
- Take Action
1. Set Aside Time
To get the most value out of your learning, we recommend breaking it into smaller portions in order to dive deeper into focused subjects.
Scheduling dedicated time to learn ahead of time will allow you to be more focused and in the right headspace to get the most out of your learning.
Example: If you have enrolled for our Full Academy License (which has approximately 350 Hrs of core learning material), you would need to dedicate an average of 5 Hrs per week in order to complete every single course that we have to offer.
2. Absorb, Reflect, Practice
- Absorb: Start with the core lesson material. Depending on the length of time you've set aside, this will range from 2-3 lessons (in most cases). Take notes on the material that is being presented, but be sure to leave room for additional notes later on. As learning is a continuous process, you may want to come back later and add to lessons learned before.
Pro Tip: Make sure you turn notifications off and you create a safe space for yourself without distractions.
- Reflect: Think back to past experience, and how what you have now learned could have been applied to specific scenarios. Spend some time to think about how the past and the present processes could have been improved or affected. What went well, what went poorly, and what could have been done better?
- Practice: The best way to really put the learning into action is to apply it! Within our Academy, we also provide practical assignments and resources to give you the ability to really practice your learnings, before bringing it into your actual work environment.
By breaking each of your learning sessions into these 3 main parts, you will really be able to internalize and more fully understand the material and how it will really relate to your daily work.
Within our Academy, there are thousands of professionals from around the world. Different perspectives and experiences may help you to gain even more insights on topics that you may not be familiar with and help you to unlock even more knowledge.
Have you thought about reaching out to them yet?
You can always reach out by:
- Creating a post in the Academy: This will allow others to comment on your post and share their personal experiences with you. You can also share external resources and articles that you have found helpful. This may help many others!
- Sharing your work on assignments: By sharing your work, others can provide best practices and feedback on how you are doing. We strongly believe in peer coaching.
- Commenting on others' posts/work with your own experience and thoughts: The more you give, the more you get. By engaging with others on the platform, the more others will engage with you. Together we can build new skills and gain even further insights.
4. Take Action
When you see an opportunity to apply your learnings in your work, use it!
This will help you to begin integrating your development into your practice and you will be able to see the results of your hard work.
You can also enhance learning by training others on some of the topics you have learned. If you have taken a course, you could present skills you have learned to your team/working group and discuss how you can begin to improve the processes as a team.
In case you have questions about making the most of your development, or do not see your question answered, you can reach out directly to your Personal Coach.
You can also contact our Support Team directly. We would be happy to assist you!